Hydrogen & Electrolysis Technology
One of the activities of the “Hydrogen Technologies” company in addition to research and development is the production and application of efficient high-energy cells for water electrolysis, as well as their application in systems such as engine decarbonization machines, hydrogen generators for ICEs, hydrogen production systems for fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV), energy storage from renewable sources such as wind and sun, metal industry etc.
The technology which researchers and associates of the Hydrogen Technologies d.o.o. company have been working on for many years is, by all standards in this field, highly energy efficient and ranks at the very top among all known systems of this kind.
About Decarbonization Technology
We are among the very first companies in the world which developed the engine decarbonization technology.
Our team of experts initially tested over 100 vehicles with mileage ranging from 35.000 to 450.000 km, with various engine (petrol and diesel) conditions. The engines were treated with different amount of Oxy-Hydrogen gas and in different periods of time. The tests encompassed exhaust gases level measurement, compression, power and torque, reading engine and sensor parameters, as well as the overall impression of the user of the vehicle.
The results we obtained after a few months of testing were not only the gains of the effect after the process, but we had gathered very important data in determining what amount of Oxy-Hydrogen gas was required in a certain period of time, without requiring too long a period of engine idling.
Our research has shown the following:
- For every 1000 cm3 of engine displacement, at 750 rpm, a minimum of 8 liters per minute of Oxy-Hydrogen gas is required for a period of 30-40 minutes.
- With the reduction of engine speed when idling, as is the case with diesel engines in trucks and buses, and even engines used in construction and agricultural machinery, a smaller amount of Oxy-Hydrogen gas is needed for the same period of time, in the same percentage as the lower number of revolutions (e.g. 600 rpm is 20% less than 750 rpm, so a minimum of 6.5 liters per minute of Oxy-Hydrogen gas is required)
- With smaller amounts of Oxy-Hydrogen gas than the mentioned above, in combination with a longer period of time (e.g. 45, 60 or 90 minutes) no positive effects of carbon deposits removal from the cylinder are obtained, especially in parts of the exhaust manifold (EGR valve, DPF filter, turbine , catalyst, sensors, etc.). The main reason is a small or less than the aforementioned amount of Oxy-Hydrogen gas, which completely burns in the cylinder in the process of burning fuel and air mixture, and the only effect is better fuel combustion and less soot formation during the process. Therefore none or almost no results can be expected.
Quality engine decarbonization with Oxy-Hydrogen gas and its positive effects can be obtained from the service provided by machines that use state-of-the-art cell technology for water electrolysis.
The technology that the Hydrogen Technologies d.o.o. produces and uses in machines for engine decarbonization is an innovative technology for the production of large amounts of high-quality Oxy-Hydrogen gas. All the following components we use are recognized in the global market: High power supply assembly, control and management system (PLC) developed specially for our needs, smart system for monitoring all crucial elements, GPRS system for monitoring the condition and positioning of the machine, software developed for control and management, design etc.
For these reasons, Hydrogen Technologies d.o.o. and the engine decarbonization machine as a product have been given the opportunity to export to European Union and Asian countries.
The engine decarbonization machine has been completely developed by experts from Hydrogen Technologies d.o.o. company, with the help of associates and experts from scientific institutions and other companies.
The machine consists of four main assemblies:
- Water electrolysis system – production of hydrogen and oxygen
- Power assembly – power supply system and AC/DC inverter
- Distribution cabinet
- Master unit (PLC) and control unit
Water electrolysis system
The main system of the engine decarbonization machine is water electrolysis system. The complete system is innovative and developed by the Hydrogen Technologies d.o.o. company. This complex system consists of a water electrolyzer cell, a system for storing and supplying the cell with electrolytic liquid (mixture of water and electrolyte) and a collector/purifier of Oxy-Hydrogen gas. The complete system excels at high energy efficiency, robust design and easy maintenance. The main feature of this system is the large capacity, low energy consumption, excellent water and gas circulation and longevity, which directly affects the small energy loss, primarily in the form of heat. The additional control units in this system are sensors for water level, gas pressure and flow, water sink sealing, cell temperature etc.
This (also a very important) assembly was constructed by our experts with the components of the highest available quality on the market, from renowned suppliers with which we have established cooperation.
The assembly constructed in this way provides a very efficient and stable power supply, which is necessary for a high-capacity cell for water electrolysis. The main parts of this assembly are high power (3 to 15 kW) AC/DC inverters 230 (380) V/24 V (AC/DC) with output current 125 to 375 A.
Any machine or system that uses high-power electricity requires a high-quality distribution cabinet of solid construction, which must meet all recognized standards in this field. Our team of experts has developed and adapted this element in accordance with our needs. It meets all SAFETY and quality standards.
The main components of this assembly are: PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), GPRS/GSM and Wi-Fi modem, sensors, HMI unit with touchscreen panel and control software. System is designed and constructed in accordance with our needs and high quality standards. In synergy with other components, we have provided users with an exceptionally clear and simple system to work with. Additionally, we are able to monitor and control over 30 of the most important machine-related parameters and signals. Together with the software, which is developed in-house, we get a completely innovative approach to the machine control and management units, which allow us to remotely monitor operation, status, alarms and the entire work process in general. All is subordinated to maximum technical support to users of our technology. In this way, we can offer our customers complete monitoring and maintenance support (in terms of service and prevention), no matter where the machine is located.
The guarantee that our machines comply with all the essential requirements of the European New Approach directives and that the conformity assessment is performed, is the report on compliance we received after lab tests and analysis performed at the SIQ Institute for quality and metrology from Slovenia.
- HCC-5000 PRO engine decarbonization machine (designed for engines with displacement up to 6000 cm3)
- HCC-10000 PRO engine decarbonization machine (designed for engines with displacement up to 15000 cm3)